T20 World Cup: Rizwan, Babar Break Multiple Records in Clash Against Namibia- Know All Records Here

Pakistan’s opening partners Babar Azam and Mohammad Rizwan got several T20I records registered to their names during their T20 World Cup match against Namibia at Abu Dhabi on Tuesday.

The Records Include: 
  • Most century partnerships ever.
  • Most runs as batting partners in a calendar year.
  • Most T20I runs by a batter in a calendar year.
  • Most scores of 50 or more in T20Is a captain.
  • Most runs after first 60 innings of a player’s career in T20Is.

ALSO READ: Watch Video: Pakistan Cricket Team Win Hearts, Encourages Namibia in Surprise Dressing Room Visit

Azam and Rizwan joined forces and overtook Rohit and Dhawan’s record of registering the most number of century stands in the shortest format of the game. Veteran Team India opener Rohit has been a part of four century stands with Indian southpaw Dhawan in men’s T20 Internationals. Openers Azam and Rizwan scripted history by registering their fifth hundred-run stand in T20I cricket during Pakistan’s meeting with minnows Namibia.

Azam and Rizwan also became the first batting pair to score 1000-plus runs in a calendar year. While Azam-Rizwan have smashed over 1k runs in T20I cricket. They’ve scored 1,041 runs this year in 17 partnerships.

Babar Azam, with his 70 off 49 in the innings, broke Indian skipper Virat Kohli’s record as well. He now holds the record of most 50+ scores as a captain in T20Is.

Babar now has 14 50+ scores, including one 100+ score, one more than Kohli. The Indian captain has posted 13 scores of 50 or more.

Mohammad Rizwan entered the record books as the first ever cricketer to score 900+ T20I runs in calendar year. No other player has been able to score over 748 in a year.

Rizwan surpassed his team mate Babar (1,607) and Kohli (1,614) in the list of most overall T20 runs in a calendar year.

Pakistan have registered the second-highest total of the 2021 T20 World Cup. The likes of Bangladesh (181/7 vs PNG) and Sri Lanka (172/5 vs Bangladesh) follow Pakistan on the tally. Afghanistan registered the highest total (190/4) against Scotland. Pakistan have become the first side to qualify for the semi-finals in the ongoing edition.

ALSO READ: T20 World Cup 2021: Pakistan 1st Team to Qualify For Semi-Finals beat Namibia by 45 runs

CLICK ON THE BELOW PROVIDED LINKS TO FOLLOW KASHMIR NEWS ON: 

OUR APPLICATION IS ALSO LIVE ON GOOGLE PLAY STORE, DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APPLICATION AND GET LATEST UPDATES ON YOUR MOBILE SCREEN. 

You might also like